Bad New Days performing arts
Artistic Director: Adam Paolozza
My vision of theatre is forward looking – I believe in a theatre to come, a theatre that hasn’t yet been invented. Though my work is steeped in theatrical tradition it is always striving to express itself in fresh, new forms.
TheatreRUN is driven by artistic values, such as craftsmanship, formal innovation, and ongoing research and development into traditional and experimental theatrical forms. Our mandate is to:
- create original theatre, through devised work, adaptations, interpretations and original writing
- nurture new creation through a collaborative process
- tour nationally and internationally
- provide affordable training opportunities to the theatre community by giving workshops and by inviting internationally renowned artists to teach in Toronto
- create work in French and English
My work is heavily influenced by Mime and is preoccupied with the way the human body expresses itself through movement, gesture and rhythm. Image and Music also play an integral role in the dramaturgy of my work.
I would say that I’m attempting to create a poetic vision of life onstage – to find the poetry in the everyday and to make that felt onstage.
One of the recurring themes in my work is the beautiful vulnerability of the human condition, whether expressed through comedy or tragedy, and our precarious place in history. I like to think that, even when it faces the dark side of our nature, my work still celebrates the joy of being alive and human.
Produced by Bad New Days performing arts
|October 15th, 2013 – November 24th, 2013
|February 12th, 2013 – February 22nd, 2013
|Artaud: Un Portrait en Décomposition
|August 10th, 2012 – August 19th, 2012
|October 29th, 2010 – November 28th, 2010
|October 8th, 2009 – October 25th, 2009