fu-GEN Asian Canadian Theatre Company
Artistic Director: David Yee
General Manager: Carin Lowerison
fu-GEN is a charitable theatre company dedicated to the development of professional Asian Canadian theatre artists through the production of new and established works.
- To produce works of Asian North American playwrights, and foster new works by emerging playwrights.
- To explore and address issues of Asian North American’s societal roles, responsibilities and identity in the past, present and future through our artistic endeavors.
- To build a stronger, truly multicultural Canadian community by breaking down stereotypes through education and development of a strong cultural artistic base.
- We serve the Asian Canadian theatre artist
- We are dedicated to exploring the underlying Asian Canadian story
- We believe in diversity of practice: using non-traditional space, time, methodology & philosophy
- We are evolving with our artists
Produced by fu-GEN Asian Canadian Theatre Company
|No Foreigners||February 21st, 2018 – February 25th, 2018|
|acquiesce||November 3rd, 2016 – November 27th, 2016|
|Durango||May 16th, 2015 – May 31st, 2015|
|Ching Chong Chinaman||March 12th, 2013 – March 30th, 2012|
|Brown Balls||May 3rd, 2011 – May 15th, 2011|
|Yellow Face||March 4th, 2011 – March 12th, 2011|
|Lady in the Red Dress||January 24th, 2009 – February 21st, 2009|
|Banana Boys||November 12th, 2008 – November 15th, 2008|
|Singkil||January 6th, 2007 – January 28th, 2007|
Presented by fu-GEN Asian Canadian Theatre Company
|Fine China||January 23rd, 2019 – February 10th, 2019|
|A Perfect Bowl of Pho||January 23rd, 2019 – February 10th, 2019|
|David Yee||Artistic Director|
|Carin Lowerison||General Manager|
|Jenna Rodgers||Artistic Associate|
|Tijiki Morris||Administrative Intern|
|Andrew Cheng||Associate Dramaturg|
|Camellia Koo||Associate Artist|
|Camellia Koo||Resident Designer|
|Ravi Jain||Resident Artist|