Co-Artistic Director: Michele Smith
Co-Artistic Director: Dean Gilmour
Executive Director: Kate McConnell
* We believe that the actor’s imagination is at the centre of the process and the actors must risk failing in order to find a new freedom.
* Beyond linguistic, cultural and age barriers, we believe in a theatre of image and action that can make us feel by speaking to the heart.
* We believe that theatre can make us more humane, more tender, more compassionate, and more refined.
* We believe that the audience takes part in the show; that we are in a dialogue with the audience, a dialogue of feelings. We want to open their eyes, to make them feel, to touch them through feelings and vulnerability.
* We believe in a theatre that has no 4th wall, no sofas, no kitchen sinks. We believe in a theatre that is here and now on a bare stage but at the same time somewhere else through the actor’s imagination and the audience’s imagination
* In our work we write with our bodies.
* We believe that theatre asks people to listen, see and feel with the heart.
* We believe that the purpose of art is to make people more fragile, tender and tolerant.
* We believe that theatre creates a sense of community.
* We believe that theatre should destroy certitude and open up the imagination.
* We believe that art should educate and encourage change.
* The artistic process is at the heart of every aspect of our company’s operations.
* We believe that art is vital to our community.
* We believe that artistic diversity is what will make our culture healthy.
Produced by Theatre Smith-Gilmour
|Take Me Back to Jefferson||November 5th, 2014 – November 23rd, 2014|
|As I Lay Dying||March 13th, 2013 – March 31st, 2013|
|Spent||February 12th, 2013 – February 22nd, 2013|
|LU XUN blossoms||June 15th, 2011 – June 18th, 2011|
|Spent||October 29th, 2010 – November 28th, 2010|
|Grimm Too||February 23rd, 2010 – February 21st, 2010|
|Spent||October 8th, 2009 – October 25th, 2009|
|Katherine Mansfield||March 14th, 2009 – April 5th, 2009|
|The Mansfield Project||March 15th, 2008 – April 13th, 2008|
Presented by Theatre Smith-Gilmour
|Death Married My Daughter||April 17th, 2014 – May 18th, 2014|
|Ralph + Lina||April 17th, 2014 – May 18th, 2014|
|Business as Usual||April 17th, 2014 – May 18th, 2014|
|Michele Smith||Co-Artistic Director|
|Dean Gilmour||Co-Artistic Director|
|Kate McConnell||Executive Director|
Board of Directors